SSMI – Medical Students’ Society Iasi
Our Mission – To responsibly shape the characters of people so that they will have a positive impact upon society and to promote sustained measures for the improvement of the quality of life.
Our organization is one of the oldest student organizations in the country and currently has around 450 active members that share common interests both in medical subjects and projects designed to improve the living standards of the people around them.
Our members are involved in numerous projects that focus on health care, preventive medicine, public health, bioethics, popularizing medicine among other social groups and more.
Every year over 40 students from our university have the chance to travel to different destinations around the world through the IFMSA Exchange Programs.
SSMI is a founding member of IFMSA Romania (FASMR) which is a fully recognized member of the International Federation of Medical Students Associations.
- being the representative voice of the medical students’ community
- contributing to the improvement of the medical academic standards
- taking action on major public health issues
- actively helping communities in need of financial support through charitable events
- improving the awareness of the students community regarding key problems facing the medical world
More about us : http://www.ssmi.ro/